What’s keeping bankers awake at night? One recent survey points to a number of challenges and opportunities facing banks and credit unions. This week’s FIN News Alert looks at the Bank News article, “Fed Survey: Small-Business Lending, M&A Activity, Regulatory Matters Top Bankers’ Concerns,” and highlights insights from the survey.
Recent national survey findings sharing community bankers’ top concerns were presented at the fourth annual Community Banking in the 21st Century Research and Policy Conference. Responses were obtained from 557 banks, nearly all having assets of $10 billion or less. Highlights from the survey indicate:
- Bankers are continuing to focus on small business lending, which saw a small increase in 2015.
- M&A activity remains strong.
- Bankers are still concerned with regulatory burden.
- Bankers are particularly frustrated with the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Truth in Lending Act and the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure rule.
- Banks are also worried about growing competition from fintech startups.
Full results are available at communitybanking.org.
Interested in reading more on the latest trends in banking? Read our latest FinTalk Report, covering a wide range of banking news and trends.